WASHINGTON, Aug. 30, 2016 —
Editor’s Note: This years application submission period for the Defense Intelligence Agency’s 2017 Summer Internship Program has closed. Stay tuned for the 2018 Summer Internship Program announcement coming in August 2017.
Applications are now available for the Defense Intelligence Agency’s 2017 Summer Internship Program. This program provides current college students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain practical work experience through research, report writing, briefing development and delivery, policy writing, and intelligence analysis. Interns will gain valuable on-the-job experience while providing support to DIA's mission. They are also exposed to the broader Intelligence Community through field trips, information sessions, and panel discussions. Interns will be appointed for a 10-12 week period from June through August 2017.
DIA provides military intelligence to warfighters, defense policymakers and force planners in the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community in support of U.S. military planning, operations and acquisition. We plan, manage, and execute intelligence operations during peacetime, crisis, and war.
The Summer Internship Program is open to incoming college seniors who will graduate no later than December 2017, law school students who will have completed two semesters of coursework, post graduate students who are enrolled in the last year of their degree program, and recent graduates who have completed a qualifying Bachelors or Master's degree from an accredited U.S. institution within the last two years. Applicants must possess a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application and at the time of employment. All applicants must be a U.S. citizen at the time of application and are subject to a thorough background inquiry. All interns must be granted a security clearance and successfully pass a drug screening test prior to being made a final offer.
To apply for the program, see the vacancy announcements at https://www.diajobs.dia.mil, or go the DIA webpage (www.dia.mil) and select “Search Vacancies” under the DIA Careers page for these fields:
- Finance and Acquisition: Acquisition Program Management; Budget; Contracting & Procurement Analysis; Finance & Accounting; Purchasing; Requirements Manager/Contracting Officer Representative; and Strategy Engagement & Evaluation
- Human Services and Office Management and Infrastructure: Human Services (Behavioral Health; Equal Employment; Faculty; Human Resources; and Training and Development) and Office Management and Infrastructure (Facilities; Information Services; Logistics; and Office Operations)
- Information Technology: Cyber Security; IT Data Specialist; IT Engineer; IT Mission Support; and IT Specialists
- Intelligence: Analysis, Counterintelligence, Human Intelligence, and Mission Management (Collection Management; Information Sharing; Intelligence Operations Management; Joint Capability Development and Intelligence Support to Acquisition; Joint Intelligence Planning; Policy and Strategy; and Joint Target Intelligence)
- Security: Security Specialist; Police & Security Services; Insider Threat; and Criminal Investigator
- Science and Technology: Computational Social Science; Research & Development; Technical Collection; Technical Exploitation; and Technical Operations
The majority of summer intern positions will be in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, though limited opportunities are available at other locations. Due to the large number of applications received in response to internship opportunities, this vacancy announcement will be closed when a limited (depending on career field) number of applications are received, but no later than September 23, 2016. Complete applications must include an unofficial transcript and veterans are required to attach their DD 214.
Have questions? Email NEDIAC_TAPStudents_lntems@dodiis.mil