Establish the DIA-OSBP as a Center of excellence within the DoD and Intelligence Community in assisting and leveraging small businesses.
Advise the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Director on all matters relating to the small business programs, and provide small business maximum practicable opportunities to participate in the contracting process, both at the prime and subcontracting level.
The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) is committed to increasing acquisition opportunities to small businesses. We understand how forming partnerships with the private sector enhance the DIA mission and support the US growth. Small businesses represent ninety-nine percent of all employer firms and generate up to sixty-five percent of new jobs. Their contributions to our National economy in terms of innovation, job creation, efficiency, increased competition, reduced prices and quality sources of supply warrant the inclusion to the greatest extent possible of small business when making federal contract award decision.
DIA-OSBP serves as the Agency's focal point for issues and practices concerning small business utilization. Our office promotes the use of small, small disadvantaged, women-owned small business, HUBZone and Veteran-owned and Service-disabled veteran-owned small business. In addition we provide assistance to small businesses by participating in and conducting outreach activities and ensure a fair portion of DIA's total acquisitions are awarded to small businesses pursuant to Public Law.
Small businesses will be given an equitable opportunity to compete for all contracts that they can perform, consistent with the best interests of the Government. To encourage participation by small businesses, contracting officers will:
· Where practicable, divide requirements into small lots to permit offers on quantities less than the total requirement to encourage small business participation.
· Establish realistic delivery schedules that will encourage small business participation.
· Encourage prime contractors to subcontract with small business.
· Ensure that the requiring activity demonstrates performance of sufficient market research.
· Publicize contract actions in the Federal Business Opportunity (www.fbo.gov) , GSA Schedules, NASA SEWP, and NSA, NGA & NRO’s ARC
The office is located at:
Joint Base Anacostia Bolling
Washington DC 20340-5100
Visiting DIA's Office of Small Business Programs
To learn more about visiting the DIA Office of Small Business Programs, please click here to download a Microsoft Word doc with more information.