How to Access DoDIIS Webmail on your Personal Computer
CAC Reader guidance:
Please see the following guidance to access DoDIIS Webmail (NIPRNet) unclassified email from a home computer:
- Connect CAC readers to your home computers. Windows 10 and MacOS Catalina or higher Operating Systems should be automatically identified and configured. Note most users have success using a Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser to access DoDIIS Webmail.
- If employees choose to purchase their own CAC reader, an approved version can be purchased from Litronic Security Solutions:
- Product ID: Netsign 215 Reader
- Product Description: High Speed USB Smart Card Reader (CAC Compliant)
- Website: http://www.litronic.com/netsign215.html
- This will be a personal expense and is not reimbursable
- Find instructions how to access DoDIIS unclassified Webmail below.
- Note that when using DoDIIS unclassified Webmail on your home computer:
- You may not save any files to your home computer
- You can only send DoDIIS Webmail emails containing For Official Use Only (FOUO), Controlled Classified Information (CUI) or Personally Identifiable Information (PII), to .mil or .gov addresses.
In the event that you have any questions regarding the guidance, please contact the DIA Service Desk at 202-231-8000.