Mentor Protégé Program (MPP)
DIA’s Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) is proud to participate in the Department of Defense (DoD) Pilot Mentor Protégé Program (MPP). The MPP was established November 5 1991, and is detailed in Appendix I to 48 CFR chapter 2.1990 under Section 831 of Pub. L. 101-510.
Mentors and Protégés are solely responsible for finding their counterparts. Legislatively, DoD Offices of Small Business Programs (OSBP) participation in the teaming of partnering Mentors and Protégés is prohibited. Therefore, we strongly encourage firms to explore existing business relationships in an effort to establish a Mentor-Protégé relationship.
Communication, Compatibility and Commitment are key to a successful Agreement.
DIA is interested in Mentor /Protégé teaming agreements that offer opportunities to enhance industry capabilities aligned against DIA’s strategic mission areas.
DIA MPP core mission areas are:
- All Source Intelligence (HUMINT/CI)
- Science and Technology
- Information Technology (Cyber security/Information Assurance
- Modeling & Simulation
There are three (3) types of MPP agreements:
- Reimbursable: Reimbursement for reasonable, allocable, and allowable expenses to be reimbursed to the Mentor through a contract.
- Credit: Costs incurred under a credit agreement are not directly reimbursed, but are applied under Federal Agency subcontracting plan 19.703 towards SDB subcontracting goals in different multiples based on assistance provided. This is an opportunity for Mentors struggling in meeting subcontracting goals on DIA contracts.
- Hybrid MP Agreements: Utilizes some credit and some reimbursement instead of exclusively one or the other.
*** The DIA Mentor Protégé Program is currently on a moratorium state,therefore we will NOT be accepting new agreements for fiscal year (FY) 16. DIA-OSBP will issue a Broad Agency Announcement in the 3rd quarter of FY 16for FY 17 consideration. ***
- BAE Systems
- Skyline Unlimited
- Radius Technology
- Allegheny Science & Technology
- MASY Group
- R&K Cyber Solutions
- Core Mission Solutions
DIA MPP Point of Contact: