The classified DIA NeedipeDIA site is now operational. To view the list of needs visit the Ideas to Action website on Intelink and follow the NeedipeDIA link, or go to ACE and ARC.
To be an innovation leader, an organization must efficiently leverage ideas, practices, and capabilities created anywhere, especially outside the organization. DIA has enhanced its ability to efficiently leverage solutions from industry and academia. NeedipeDIA expands the ongoing dialogue between DIA and innovative solution providers (industry, academia, labs) to address mission critical needs, and creates a direct communication channel to the solution providers with emerging technology that enhances DIA's mission capabilities.
NeedipeDIA enables DIA to express capability needs, clearly and concisely, to a larger community of innovators and encourage participation from both establish partners and companies that have never before worked with federal agencies. The list of needs below is designed to communicate the solutions DIA is seeking, while providing an entry point into government acquisition through an Open Broad Agency Announcement (BAA).
The content on this webpage consists of a dynamic list of needs that is updated frequently. All individuals, companies, or academic institutions interested in receiving grants or contracts through the Open BAA, found on www.fbo.gov and www.grants.gov, must identify the specific need by number using the list below. Detailed instructions for expressing your solution(s) are found within the Open BAA.
PROPOSALS NOT FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE BAA WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.
We look forward to hearing from you.
More Information »
NeedipeDIA FAQ »
STEPS TO SUBMIT A WHITE PAPER:
- Click to read the Open BAA instructions.
- Identify one of the Needs from the list below that best matches your proposed solution.
- Prepare a white paper following the format requirements starting on page 8 of the Open BAA and use the most current coversheet.
- Send your unclassified white paper to Ideas2Action@dodiis.mil or your classified white paper to Ideas2Action@coe.ic.gov if you have access to a secure channel.
HINTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL REVIEW:
Properly aligning your capability to a mission need (below) is essential for successful review. Specifically:
- If you can't articulate how your capability addresses the mission need, then you have probably selected the wrong mission need.
- Section 4 of your white paper is used to route the proposed innovative method, process, or technology to the end-users closest to the mission need.
- The more specific the need, the better chance of aligning funds to support. Specific needs are identified by longer strings of numbers, i.e., "3.1U1 Object Based Intelligence" is more specific than "3. New Analysis Technologies and Methods"
- If you need clarity on a mission need, please ask and we will work to enhance clarity.
- Mission relevance is the most important review criteria.
- White papers should avoid technical jargon and product branding.
- Mission review of needs 6 (Science and Technology) and 7.1 (Information Technology) is more technical. Feel free to expound on the technical merit of your approach.
- For all other categories, white papers should speak to direct mission impact. Technical merit will be formally established later during the proposal review stage.
- NeedipeDIA is designed to support DIA's "Start Small. Scale Fast. Fail Cheap." approach.
- Smaller (<$650,000) initiatives are preferred.
- Quick win (within 6 months) initiatives are preferred.
- For Category 6 (Science and Technology), longer projects (<18 months) may be warranted.
- Other solicitations methods are used for Major Systems Acquisitions.
- Open/Considering indicates a more general DIA mission area need, while Open/Active indicates an innovative solution is more urgent.
UPDATED NEEDS LIST AND STRUCTURE BELOW! Please review and submit your white papers according to this new structure. If you have already submitted white papers under the former structure, they will continue to be reviewed against those needs.