DIA is first in all-source defense intelligence to prevent strategic surprise and deliver a decision advantage to warfighters, defense planners, and policymakers. We deploy globally alongside warfighters and interagency partners to defend America's national security interests.
Learn more about DIA »
2012-2017 Strategic Plan»
CONNECT WITH DIA
Why Choose DIA?
Welcome to the Defense Intelligence Agency... committed to excellence in defense of the nation!
Established in 1961, the Defense Intelligence Agency's mission is to provide military intelligence to war fighters, defense policy makers and force planners in the DoD and Intelligence Community.
DIA employees posses strong research, analytical, and technical skills and work as intelligence officers, scientists, engineers, and information technology specialists ensuring that our nation's defense systems are the cutting edge of technology.
DIA employees don't see their employment as a job…it is a call to serve! You will be challenged in ways you never thought possible and encouraged to attain your highest career goals. You will have the opportunity to work with defense policy makers, military leadership and the highest levels of civilian defense leadership.
Join DIA today and be on the forefront of defense protection for the United States. Provide timely and accurate analysis to the US military in defense of the nation!
- Potential travel within the US and abroad
- Work with defense policy makers and high ranking military members providing timely and accurate intelligence in defense of our nation
- Be on the forefront of cutting edge technology and global events
- Enhance your experience and skills with foreign language and Intelligence Community specific training and education
- Deploy to exotic locations providing onsite support to the war-fighter and policy makers around the world
- Personal satisfaction. Your work directly affects the defense of the nation!
- Health, dental and other government specific benefits
- Fabulous worldwide work locations
- Flexible work schedules, including tele-work
- Work with a highly skilled, diverse workforce
This page was last updated November 21, 2012.